What qualifies as a quick weeknight meal? For me, it has to be ready in roughly thirty minutes, use ingredients that I'm likely to have or can easily pick up, and satisfy my deep 6:00pm hunger. None of that "one cup pre-cooked chicken" — if it can't be made start to finish in the time between just got home and starving, then it's not for me. Gathered here are all my favorite super-quick dinners from the past year. Some are base recipes that use what you have in the fridge, others are easy to make if you shop ahead, all are completely, tried-and-true, 100% guaranteed to hit the spot.TOP ROW
• 1 Chickpeas, Kale, and Sausage with Oven-Baked Egg
• 2 Glazed Chicken Sausage with Sautéed Cabbage
• 3 Quick Tomato Sauce with Pasta
• 4 Mushrooms on Toast
• 5 How to Make Really Good Pizza at Home
• 6 Chicken and Artichokes in Wine Sauce
• 7 Simple Salmon Teriyaki
• 8 How to Make Creamy Macaroni and Cheese on the Stovetop
• 9 Corn, Tomato & Black Bean Tostadas with Creamy Cilantro Dressing
• 10 Authentic Spaghetti alla Carbonara
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2012 roundup!
From December 17 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)