Are you relatively new to cooking? Looking to master the basics in the new year? We've gathered our best tips for those just starting out in the kitchen, including the 40 most common cooking mistakes, 15 reader tips for better meal planning, and a big roundup of tips and tutorials that covers everything you ever wanted to know about meat. Read on to learn a little more and get inspired to start cooking!
• 1 7 Ways to Get Your Cooking Mojo Back (These tips apply to cooks just starting out too!)
• 2 5 Basic Tips That Make Cooking Easier
• 3 The 40 Most Common Cooking Mistakes
• 4 15 Tips for Better Weekly Meal Planning
• 5 Make Small Kitchen Living Easier With This One Tip
• 6 6 Tips for Tasting Wine: What I Learned From Traveling With a Group of Wine Writers
• 7 What Is Sharp? Bob Kramer Has 5 Ways to Tell If Your Knife Is Sharp Enough
• 8 More Knife Sharpening Tips From Bob Kramer: How To Hone & Stone
• 9 Smart Tip: For Easier Meal Planning, Keep a Dinner Diary
• 10 Tip Roundup: A Guide to Storing Fruits and Vegetables
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2012 roundup! From December 17 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)