Hosting an Oscar party means adding a little luxe to your usual gathering. Portable appetizers and easy snacks along with big batch drinks allow even the host to stay tuned to the show.
Maureen's 5 Oscar Party Tips
Here are my Oscar party tips:
- Skip any food that requires a knife and fork and stick to one or two bite appetizers.
- The red carpet kicks off early in the day so no need for a full meal.
- Simply adding some gold flecks to chocolate covered strawberries and serving drinks in champagne flutes makes the gathering more festive. Or learn how to make these simple but perfectly glam drink stirrers.
- You don't have to be dramatic with decor. Think black, white and hints of gold. Swag some gold fabric on your bar area or place strands of gold and silver beads on your table top to create that Oscar party buzz.
- And most importantly: Stick with big batches of drinks. Pitchers or punch bowls are perfect for an Oscar party.
This simple pitcher drink is pretty enough for the red carpet and will keep you from being stuck at the bar making drinks a la carte for your guests. The only catch: this drink is such a crowd pleaser that you might need to whip up a few batches!
Throw on your heels with your jeans, polish your glassware and invite some friends over to enjoy this Oscar worthy sip this weekend.
Sparkling Cranberry & St. Germain Pitcher Cocktail
Serves 4 to 6
1 cup vodka
3 ounces St. Germain elderflower liqueur
1/2 cup cranberry juice
1 1/2 cups club soda
In a large pitcher filled with ice, combine all of the ingredients. Serve in champagne flutes or other festive glasses.