This time a year ago we were talking about soups, soups, and more soups! Read on to see some of the recipes we posted, as well as a roundup of vegan and vegetarian soups. We also had some special sweets, like brown-sugar baked apples and an Oreo cake!
Posts pictured above are in bold below.
• What are you doing for Valentine's this year? How about some food-themed Valentine cards and chocolate pancakes? Also, try making Valentines out of leftover candy canes!
• Beautiful recycled Mexican glassware.
• Need a project? How about reorganizing your pantry?
• 8 ways to build flavor.
• Soup! Why we make soup, a recipe for ten breads for soup-dipping. Plus, a roundup of vegan and vegetarian soups.
• Creamy things: Yogurt in soups, the difference between coconut milk and coconut cream,
• A tour of a small cafe in Brooklyn, with a wonderful Mediterranean platter.
• Sweetness: Oatmeal brown sugar baked apples, and Oreo cake.
• Full archive from this week a year ago
Previous Year Ago Lookback: Party Food, Chinese Dumplings, and Ina Garten's Kitchen
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits.)