Six Brain-Boosting Foods:
1. Edamame: These vibrant beans are rich in a nutrient that helps relay information to our nervous systems.
2. Sunflower Seeds: These little seeds are packed with Vitamin E, which "appears to shield neurons from cell-damaging free radicals."
3. Yogurt: A favorite breakfast food for many, yogurt contains vitamin B12 which can protect the brain from memory loss
4. Whole Grains: are known to contain vitamins B, C, D and E which can all help prevent brain shrinkage linked to Alzheimer's.
5. Salmon: The Omega 3's in fatty fish like salmon are thought to be directly linked to maintaining a more youthful mind.
6. Eggs: While they get a bad rap for cholesterol counts, the vitamin D found in egg yolks helps break down the plaques that characterize Alzheimer's.
Read the whole article: Six Foods for a Healthy Brain at O MagazineRelated: How Color Affects the Perception of Food (Image: Megan Gordon)