It’s helped us to remember that tahini is really another kind of nut butter and can often be used just like almond butter or peanut butter. We think it has a lighter and more earthy taste than other nut butters, and this actually makes it a great choice for a lot of savory dishes.
Here are a few ideas we’ve come up with:
• Whisking tahini with sesame oil and white wine vinegar to make a vinaigrette
• Mixing it with soy sauce or miso and garlic to make a marinade or dipping sauce, like with this Tahini Miso Dressing
• Adding it to gazpacho and other summer soups
• Using tahini in place of peanut butter or other nut butters to make cookies
• Tossing tahini with soba or udon noodles for cold noodle salads
• Adding it to coleslaw, deviled eggs, and other picnic side dishes
What other ways do you like to use tahini?