A few blocks from our home there's a large Asian Market
. It holds many treasures, flavors and ingredients, but many folks across the country don't have such a luxury. Unless you live in a large city, the closest you probably get to "Asian Ingredients" in your local grocer is Lo Mein in a can from La Choy. Instead, check out these online resources to get your fix.Here's a few of the sites we've used in the past for the ordering of Asian goods (we didn't always live near a big market!). Do you have one that had great service in the past? Make sure to let us know in the comments below!
• Asian Food Grocer: You'll be able to find all your noodles, sauces and seasonings, along with candies, chocolates and more! Hello Bitter Almond Kit Kats!
• KOA Mart: This store specializes in Korean goods and you can find everything from foods to housewares, most of which is always on sale (which will help offset shipping costs).
• eFoodDepot: This store lists everything by country and carries basic staples to snack foods that are hard to come by when you no longer live over seas. Make sure to click on "show all" at the bottom of each page after clicking on a country to see their full catalog.
• ImportFood: Although the sites above carry a good amount of product, none of them carry fresh produce. You can get just that over at Import food (which focuses on Thai ingredients) and it only takes 2-3 days for delivery. Awesome!
• Asian Munchies: All the snacks, drinks and junk food you could want! This is hands down the best place to find the snack you're craving, or homesick for!
Related: Store Review: China Town Food Market
Image: Asian Food Grocer