As if we needed anymore tempting recipes for sweets, I've just remembered the existence of truffles. And how much I love them. And how easy they are to make. And then eat. My apologies in advance.At heart, truffles are really just a wee ball of rolled chocolate ganache
. But that's really only the beginning. You can make truffles infused with spices, mixed with dried fruit, dosed with bourbon, rolled in crushed candies, and a nearly infinite number of other superlative ideas.
And because they're just one bite, we can try them all. Right? Right.
FROM THE KITCHN
• Chocolate Orange Truffles
• Coconut Ganache Bourbon Balls
• Creamy Lime and Coconut Truffle Bites
FROM AROUND THE WEB
• Chocolate-Covered Raspberry Truffles from Gourmet
• Mocha Hazelnut Truffles from Leite's Culinaria
• Dulce de Leche and Nut Butter Truffles from Epicurious
• Peanut Butter-Pretzel Truffles from Brown Eyed Baker
• Chocolate-Champagne Truffles in Sparkling Sugar from Martha Stewart
• Gingerbread Truffles from Bon Appétit
• Spicy Mayan Chocolate Truffles from Cooking on the Weekends
Do you love truffles? What's your very favorite kind?
Related: Sweets and Spices: 15 Cookie Recipes for the Holidays
(Image: Romulo Yanes/Gourmet)