As if we needed anymore tempting recipes for sweets, I've just remembered the existence of truffles. And how much I love them. And how easy they are to make. And then eat. My apologies in advance.
At heart, truffles are really just a wee ball of rolled chocolate ganache. But that's really only the beginning. You can make truffles infused with spices, mixed with dried fruit, dosed with bourbon, rolled in crushed candies, and a nearly infinite number of other superlative ideas.
And because they're just one bite, we can try them all. Right? Right.
FROM THE KITCHN
• Chocolate Orange Truffles
• Coconut Ganache Bourbon Balls
• Creamy Lime and Coconut Truffle Bites
FROM AROUND THE WEB
• Chocolate-Covered Raspberry Truffles from Gourmet
• Mocha Hazelnut Truffles from Leite's Culinaria
• Dulce de Leche and Nut Butter Truffles from Epicurious
• Peanut Butter-Pretzel Truffles from Brown Eyed Baker
• Chocolate-Champagne Truffles in Sparkling Sugar from Martha Stewart
• Gingerbread Truffles from Bon Appétit
• Spicy Mayan Chocolate Truffles from Cooking on the Weekends
Do you love truffles? What's your very favorite kind?
Related: Sweets and Spices: 15 Cookie Recipes for the Holidays
(Image: Romulo Yanes/Gourmet)