Plain egg-dipped, cinnamon-dusted french toast is fine and dandy most of the time, but as long as we're craving a sugary breakfast, we might as well go the whole nine yards. Here are the tempting-est and sweet tooth satisfying-est recipes we could find:
• Vanilla Maple French Toast with Warm Berry Preserves - We like everything about this recipe, from the mention of vanilla-maple right down to the warm berries. (from Epicurious)
• Granola Crusted French Toast with Strawberry-Rhubarb Compote - What a great way to use up the leftover handful of granola at the bottom of the jar! This time of year, we'll probably replace the strawberry-rhubarb with whatever fruits we find at the market this weekend. (from CD Kitchen)
• Orange Croissant French Toast - Sorry? Did we hear someone say croissant? We'll take two. (from Martha Stewart)
• Emeril's Marscapone and Marmalade Stuffed French Toasted - Stuffing French toast with something even more decadent, like marscapone cheese, is an excellent idea. (from ABC News)
• Peanut Butter Crunch French Toast - We like the idea of a crunchy cornflake coating with creamy peanut butter filling. Add a drizzle of chocolate and we won't even need dessert! (Kidding! Kidding!) (from Food & Wine)
Do you have a favorite, ultra-decadent french toast recipe?