It feels like fall is sending us subliminal messages: "It might be the slightest bit chilly outside. Better huddle up and eat sugary carbs. You know you want to." And yes. Yes, we want to very much. French toast for breakfast tomorrow, anyone?
Plain egg-dipped, cinnamon-dusted french toast is fine and dandy most of the time, but as long as we're craving a sugary breakfast, we might as well go the whole nine yards. Here are the tempting-est and sweet tooth satisfying-est recipes we could find:
• Vanilla Maple French Toast with Warm Berry Preserves - We like everything about this recipe, from the mention of vanilla-maple right down to the warm berries. (from Epicurious)
• Granola Crusted French Toast with Strawberry-Rhubarb Compote - What a great way to use up the leftover handful of granola at the bottom of the jar! This time of year, we'll probably replace the strawberry-rhubarb with whatever fruits we find at the market this weekend. (from CD Kitchen)
• Orange Croissant French Toast - Sorry? Did we hear someone say croissant? We'll take two. (from Martha Stewart)
• Emeril's Marscapone and Marmalade Stuffed French Toasted - Stuffing French toast with something even more decadent, like marscapone cheese, is an excellent idea. (from ABC News)
• Peanut Butter Crunch French Toast - We like the idea of a crunchy cornflake coating with creamy peanut butter filling. Add a drizzle of chocolate and we won't even need dessert! (Kidding! Kidding!) (from Food & Wine)
Do you have a favorite, ultra-decadent french toast recipe?