We are planning on baking a lot of casseroles this winter. Casseroles don't need to be all about canned cream of mushroom soup and leftover turkey; we are plotting casseroles of smoked sausage and greens, fresh bread and eggs, creamy beans and shaved cheese. And we are on the hunt for some pretty casserole dishes for all this fresh comfort food.
Here a few casserole dishes we are eyeing -- and the best thing is that they are all on sale!
- Casserole/Baker with Spoons - At Crate & Barrel. We like the bright blue, and the wood spoons are included. On sale for for $8.95 - $11.95, reg. $29.95 - $39.95.
- Le Creuset Caribbean Essential Baker's Set - At Cooking.com. Hey, Le Creuset, and a standard casserole set for a good price. $49.99, reg. $74.95.
- Piral Terra Cotta Tegame with Loop Handles - At Sur La Table. We've mentioned our interest in these before; they are beautiful oven-to-table pieces. $34.95, reg. $49.95.
- 3.5 Quart Brunswick Casserole - At Crate & Barrel. This is a great deal on a classic round casserole. $12.95, reg. $32.95
- Le Creuset Heart-Shaped Covered Stoneware Baker - At Sur La Table. A special Valentine's Day treat? $49.96, reg. $80.
- Mario Batali Individual Casserole - At Crate & Barrel. A two-cupper for your solo meals or hot casserole dips. $19.95, reg. $32.95
- Lucerne Casseroles - At Crate & Barrel. Really pure and elegant design. 1 quart and 1.5 quart: $5.95 - $8.95, reg. $8.95 - $12.95
- Staub 6-qt. Sunflower Coq Au Vin Pot with Things Cooks Love Cookbook - At Sur La Table. This one is still a splurge, but Staub is so worth it. Comes with a good book too. $179.96, reg. $220.
What's your favorite casserole dish? For more on how to define a casserole read this post: Good Question: What's a Casserole Dish?.
Related: Look! Pumpkin Casserole Dish