We had several birthdays in the family last weekend, and we're left with quite a lot of birthday cake. Emma's post earlier today on breakfast
reminded us of a secret pleasure: birthday cake for breakfast. It seems as much of a tradition as the birthday cake itself. After all, if you're eating breakfast anyway, cake is good for you, right? In the immortal words of Bill Cosby, "Eggs are in chocolate cake! And milk! Oh goody! And wheat! That's nutrition!"
Here are some good links to recipes and fun ideas for birthday cakes.
• Birthday Baking: Chessboard Cake with Chocolate Chess Pieces
• Summer Birthday Gear: Giant 12" Birthday Candle
• Survey: What Was the Most Spectacular Birthday Cake You Ever Made or Received?
• DIY Yellow Cake
• Recipe: Dark Chocolate Cake
And here is a link to that famous Bill Cosby routine on chocolate cake for breakfast:
• Chocolate Cake for Breakfast
(Image: Faith Hopler)