Happy weekend, folks! It's time to catch up on the most popular posts from The Kitchn. This week we announced the 10 semi-finalists in our Small Cool Kitchens contest, gave you a few etiquette tips and hints for canning and preserving, showed you how to make quick pickled onions, and told you why strawberry jam and cucumber pickles are the worst ways to start canning. Enjoy!
15. What's Up With Strange Hybrid Burgers?
14. The Pure Magic of Oil-Poached Tomatoes
13. Small Cool Kitchens 2013: Announcing Our 10 Semi-Finalists!
12. How To Make Strawberry Thyme Jam, As Told by Cats
11. 8 Etiquette Tips and Helpful Hints for Canning and Preserving
10. How To Make Quick Pickled Red Onions
9. You Don't Need a Dehydrator: 5 Fruits You Can Dry in the Oven
8. Medicinal Cocktails: Can a Cocktail Actually Make You Feel Healthy?
7. Recipe: Summer Farro Salad with Tomatoes, Cucumbers & Basil
6. How Can I Eliminate Cooking Smells in my Small Apartment?
5. How To Make Homemade Sauerkraut in a Mason Jar
4. Small Batch Recipe: Garlic Dill Refrigerator Pickles
3. Claire Cottrell's Sweet Silver Lake Kitchen
2. Why Strawberry Jam and Cucumber Pickles Are the Worst Ways to Start Canning
1. 10 Easy Jams and Pickles for Beginners
Previous Hot Posts: Homemade Hummus, Eggs in Avocados, Fresh Peach Soda, High-Protein Breakfasts, and a S'mores Birthday Party