1. Set of Basic Dishes: Give your coffee mug some company. A plate and a bowl make eating at the office feel a little less like, well, eating at the office!
2. Set of Utensils: Forget plastic! Bring a knife, fork, and spoon from home.
3. Cloth Napkin: Nicer and more eco-friendly than using paper towels or napkins. Just remember to take it home and wash it every once and while!
4. Paring Knife: It's surprising how often this comes in handy. We use it mostly for slicing fruit and fresh veggies, but it also works in a pinch for cutting birthday cake!
5. Salt and Pepper Shakers: Old spice jars make great, compact containers.
6. Tabasco Sauce and Soy Sauce: Both of these are awesome for perking up a boring bowl of soup or sub sandwich.
What other things do you like to have with you at the office?
Related: Campfire Cooking: Easy Spice Kits!
Originally published April 13, 2010.