Gorilla Coffee and Ninth Street Espresso are two of our favorites in New York City. Where do you buy your beans?
We love how Ninth Street -- with locations in Chelsea Market and the East Village -- blogs what they are roasting and focuses on the origin of their beans. Gorilla promises that all of their coffee is fair trade and organic, roasted right in Brooklyn. Gorilla Coffee is available in some Whole Foods Markets.
• For more coffee house culture, check out today's New York Times. This business article shows how the little guy -- like Gorilla and Ninth Street -- go up against Starbucks and win!
• For those of us not in New York City, where do you buy your coffee beans? We are big fans of Sweet Maria's in Oakland, California, for green beans (for home roasting) as well as freshly-roasted beans. But there are several local roasters we patronize as well.
• The Handpresso
- Espresso to go, wherever you are!
• The Brugo Mug
- Tip to cool in the specially constructed lid, then sip. No more burnt tongue!
• Joel Domreis delivers hand-roasted coffee - by bike
• Interview with an Allegro Coffee Buyer
, from her jungle cottage.