Caramelized Nut Tart/Simply Recipes
Given the choice of a big platter of cookies and treats, our hand naturally gravitates toward the ones with nuts and caramel in evidence. We can't help it! We love the combination of tender, slightly crunchy toasted nuts with gooey, sticky caramel. Which one of these tempting recipes do you think we should make this weekend?
1. Pecan Turtle Brownies from Chow.com - This one might be the winner, right off the bat. It's hard not to lick the screen, isn't it?
2. Honey-Nut Squares from Epicurious - Tightly packed nut clusters on top of a shortbread crust!
3. Caramelized Nut Tart from Simply Recipes - Thin slices of this sticky nut-studded tart would be the perfect end to a holiday dinner party.
4. Cinnamon-Walnut Baklava from Martha Stewart - A quick recipe for baklava spiced with cinnamon sounds perfect for the holidays.
5. Nutty Caramel Thumbprint Cookies from Fine Cooking - These cookies look almost too gorgeous to eat. Almost.
Do you like nuts and caramel as much as we do? What recipe do you recommend?
Related: Quick Tip: Chop Nuts While Still Warm