Apple pie is a serious comfort food and I'm sure we're all used to eating it in the most traditional form. Why not spice things up a bit and make a total crowd pleaser even better? Try serving apple delights in the actual apple!
Caramel apples are a staple in Autumn, whether you make your own or head to your local orchard and purchase delicious pre-prepared ones they're usually the same — caramel on the outside. Well, the Caramel Filled Apples from Lilly Shop are a little break from tradition. Dip pieces of apple into the carmel filled apple and then eat the bowl!
If you want to stay a little closer to tradition, try the Apple Pie in The Apple from Testado, Provado and Aprovado. You have all of the traditional apple pie ingredients — even the crust on top! Here are some fun apple desserts best served in apples:
• Apple Pie in The Apple, Testado, Provado and Aprovado
• Apple Pie Apple, The Cooking of Joy
• Baked Apples With Sundried Cherries and Maple Syrup, Martha Stewart
• Spiked Apple Cider In Apple Cups, Tasty Kitchen
• Caramel Filled Apples, Lilly Shop
Related: Grilled Apple Pie (in a Paper Bag)
(Images: Testado, Provado and Aprovado, The Cooking of Joy, Martha Stewart, Tasty Kitchen, Lilly Shop)