There were a few recipes that really flew under the radar this past year. Maybe their humble appearances didn't quite tell the whole story. Maybe the ingredients sounded a little too far out or too simplistic. Maybe the timing just wasn't quite right. Whatever the reason, we absolutely love these "sleeper" recipes and think they deserve a little more time in the lime light.
• 1 Vegan Lemony Eggless Egg Salad
• 2 Kumquat Tarts with Almond-Date Crust (Gluten-Free)
• 3 Black Rice Salad with Avocado and Grapefruit
• 4 Simple Salmon Teriyaki
• 5 Banana Pudding Ice Cream Pie
• 6 Thai Red Curry Mussels
• 7 Lemon Sandwich Cookies with Triple-Citrus Filling
• 8 Roasted Cauliflower and Potato Soup with Dill Whipped Cream
• 9 Hibiscus-Earl Grey Iced Tea
• 10 Creamy Tofu and Green Pea Dip
• 11 Strawberry Ice Cream with White Chocolate-Covered Pop Rocks
• 12 Cornmeal Lime Cookies
• 13 Fig and Raspberry Bakewell Tarts
• 14 Baked Panko Rockfish with Gingery Cabbage
• 15 South African Cheese, Grilled Onion & Tomato Panini (Braaibroodjie)
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2012 roundup!
From December 17 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)