is our 2014 Health & Diet Cooking Winner!
Thank you to everyone who voted on our 10 finalists in the Favorite Health & Diet Cooking Blog category. Five of the finalists were chosen by you through nomination count, and the other five were chosen by our judges.
Congrats to the winner and make sure to check out ALL the great blogs mentioned in The Homies this year!
See Winners in All the Categories
Home Design Categories
Notes from the Judges
A few select quotes from the judges on their picks:
Sprouted Kitchen is a beautiful site that focuses on using whole foods to their fullest potential. I love Sprouted Kitchen's approach to using only whole foods that are in season. It's a reminder that eating healthily is really pretty simple if you think about it.
Minimalist Baker: Dana and John Shultz’s blog is neither strictly gluten-free nor exclusively vegan, but it has lots of gorgeously photographed and lovingly crafted recipes in each of those categories. Not everything is baked, either, despite the blog’s name. But they do take the minimalist moniker seriously: they keep the ingredients lists mercifully short, because they believe that simple food made with a few good and fresh things is the best.
All of the Nominees
The Homies at a Glance
- Week 1 - Nomination: Nominate your favorite home design and cooking blogs from Friday, February 14 - Friday, February 21 (until midnight EST). Nominations are approved manually by the editors.
- Week 2 - Voting: Vote on the ten finalists in each category Saturday, February 22 - Wednesday, Feb. 26 (until midnight EST).
- Winners' Weekend: Winners will be announced Friday February 28.
- How are finalists determined? The top five most nominated blogs in each category will become five of the ten finalists.The other five finalists in each category be chosen from the nominees by our editors and a panel of judges.
- Can I nominate more than one blog? Yes! Nominate as many blogs as you like. The main goal here is to discover and share blogs we love.
- Can someone be a finalist in more than one category? Nope. They can be nominated in all categories, but they'll only be eligible for finalist status in the category where they received the most nominations.
- Why wasn't my nomination approved yet? We manually approve each nomination, and we do this on a rolling basis as quickly as we can.
Remember to nominate blogs in the category where you think they fit best. They'll show up here after we've approved the nomination. Also, past winners are not eligible on this go-round.
Before you nominate a blog, scan the list and see if they're already here. If they are, click the +1 button to register your nomination.
Read more about The Homies and see all past winners!
More posts in this series
The Homies 2014
(Image credits: Oh She Glows; Andrea Sparicio)