is our 2014 Daily Read Cooking Winner!
Thank you to everyone who voted on our 10 finalists in the Favorite Daily Read category. Five of the finalists were chosen by you through nomination count, and the other five were chosen by our judges.
Congrats to the winner and make sure to check out ALL the great blogs mentioned in The Homies this year!
See Winners in All the Categories
Home Design Categories
Notes from the Judges
A few select quotes from the judges on their picks:
The Yellow House: A good blog for daily reading ought to offer fleeting peeks into the blog creator’s life but not tell you everything. If the blogger’s husband just LOVES nachos on Super Bowl Sunday, he’s like forty million other husbands and we don’t want to know. If the blogger has irritable bowel syndrome, she or he needs to see a physician and not see me, the reader. Sarah Searle’s humble but handsome The Yellow House is a loving ode to American farmhouse cooking, with loads of great recipes. Each recipe is introduced with a sweet and revealing, but quite succinct, glimpse at how the recipe and its ingredients fit into Sarah’s life the day she cooked the dish.
Spoon Fork Bacon combines beautiful photographs and delicious recipes in a fun, modern approach. Their site is simple and clean, and they have such a fun outlook on cooking in the kitchen.
All of the Nominees
The Homies at a Glance
- Week 1 - Nomination: Nominate your favorite home design and cooking blogs from Friday, February 14 - Friday, February 21 (until midnight EST). Nominations are approved manually by the editors.
- Week 2 - Voting: Vote on the ten finalists in each category Saturday, February 22 - Wednesday, Feb. 26 (until midnight EST).
- Winners' Weekend: Winners will be announced Friday February 28.
- How are finalists determined? The top five most nominated blogs in each category will become five of the ten finalists.The other five finalists in each category be chosen from the nominees by our editors and a panel of judges.
- Can I nominate more than one blog? Yes! Nominate as many blogs as you like. The main goal here is to discover and share blogs we love.
- Can someone be a finalist in more than one category? Nope. They can be nominated in all categories, but they'll only be eligible for finalist status in the category where they received the most nominations.
- Why wasn't my nomination approved yet? We manually approve each nomination, and we do this on a rolling basis as quickly as we can.
Remember to nominate blogs in the category where you think they fit best. They'll show up here after we've approved the nomination. Also, past winners are not eligible on this go-round.
Before you nominate a blog, scan the list and see if they're already here. If they are, click the +1 button to register your nomination.
Read more about The Homies and see all past winners!
(Image credits: Food 52; Andrea Sparicio)