Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Ypsilanti, MI
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- With golden wood floors, and lots of natural light, the space feels bigger than it is. We preserved the airiness by really working the vertical space for storage, leaving enough floor space for two to perform the necessary moves of a well-choreographed meal.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- We added pieces that would augment the scanty counter space, but also provide additional storage. A repurposed computer desk with clean lines doubles as a coffee station, and storage for utensils, cutting boards, and cook books. I used other office accessories to corral spices, teas, and bounty from the garden. My best equipment and serving pieces are always on display, but they often get pressed into extra service. A water pitcher or colander might stand in for a fruit bowl, extra mugs serve as a drying station for fresh herbs.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- Pizza loaded with fresh veggies and herbs from the garden.
See all entries
More posts in this series
Small Cool Kitchens 2012