Whether you're running all over campus or working in an office without access to a fridge, here are eight ideas for straight-from-the-freezer vegetarian meals to make lunchtime easier.• 1. Calzones: Bake a big batch of vegetable calzones and freeze them individually for later. I've been using half whole wheat flour in the dough and stuffing the calzones with roasted eggplant, mushrooms, kale, tomato sauce and a little ricotta.
• 3. Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich (Pockets): For a simple lunch on the go, make and freeze PB&J sandwiches in bulk, or try this recipe for extra-portable Whole Wheat Peanut Butter and Jelly Pockets.
• 4. Enchiladas: Make a pan of enchiladas — you can even do it in the slow-cooker, as in this recipe for Slow-Cooker Black Bean Enchiladas — and portion them into individual containers.
• 5. Vegetable Wraps: These Roasted Sweet Potato Wraps with Caramelized Onions and Pesto freeze well and can be made with any type of roasted vegetable.
• 6. Burritos: Making your own frozen burritos is simple, economical and totally customizable.
• 7. Vegetarian Meatballs: Meatballs made with vegetables, legumes and grains in place of the usual ground meat are a light yet filling lunch option.
• 8. Chili: Try freezing recipes like this Black Bean, Sweet Potato and Quinoa Chili in portions for a hearty fall lunch.
Do you have any ideas for great lunches from the freezer?
(Image: Emma Christensen)