The great thing about these recipes is that they aren't veganized versions of meat-heavy barbecue fare, but stand-alone meatless dishes developed by chefs. A few involve grilling ingredients you wouldn't normally put on the fire, like grapes and radicchio. (The former is for the Celery, Grilled Grape and Mushroom Salad and the latter is part of the Grilled Polenta and Radicchio with Balsamic Drizzle.) One especially intriguing recipe is the Grilled Corn and Tomato with Vegan Tonnato Sauce, which uses a puree of wakame to suggest the flavor of tuna.
Whether you are avoiding meat or just want to try a few innovative grilled dishes, these recipes will definitely bring something different to your next cook-out.
• Read the story & get the recipes: The Virtues of Vegan Grilling
What do you usually grill for vegan or vegetarian guests?
More Meat-free Grilling Ideas:
• Vegetarian Skewers Five Ways
• Recipe: Best-Ever Veggie Burgers from Northstar Cafe
• Vegetarian Cookout? Try Halloumi!
• Great Recipes for an (Almost, Maybe) Vegetarian BBQ?