You'd never know by looking at it now, but Nick and Risa's beautifully liveable
Portland home was in shambles when they bought it —sight unseen!
—as a fixer-upper project. A major part of all that "fixing" was converting the old kitchen into the powder room and adding an addition for a new kitchen, all of which they did themselves. Now the kitchen is their favorite part of the home. As Risa says, it's "where I spend most of my time - cooking, eating, entertaining, working and coloring with my daughter."
Love the look? Risa and Nick gave a detailed kitchen resource list to Apartment Therapy:
• Counter tops are white Carrera marble fabricated and installed by Classico Marmo
• Rift Sawn Fumed White Oak island counter top from The Joinery in Portland
• Cabinets are stained Rift Sawn White Oak
• Electrolux 36" Dual Fuel Range and Refrigerator
• Miele Dishwasher
• Heath Salt & Pepper Shaker
• Collection of vintage Dansk pepper grinders
• Hansgrohe Faucet
• Small oil paintings by Malaika Zweig
• Architecture black & white photo by Risa
• Brass chandelier by Risa, inspired by Lindsey Adelman's 'You Make It' Chandelier' DIY project
• Vintage grey glass pendant by unknown
See the Full Tour: Risa and Nick's Modern Architectural Rehab at Apartment Therapy
Related: How Much Did Your Kitchen Renovation Cost?
(Images: Sarah Rainwater)