New potatoes with...
• 1 Crème fraîche and chives - Classic, elegant combination. Doesn't that photo make your mouth water, too? At Sunset.
• 2 Saffron and parsley - A simple preparation of new potatoes, with one exotic ingredient for color and flavor. At Gourmet.
• 3 Ginger, cumin and sesame - Another exotic combination, these potatoes aren't just a side dish - they're dinner! At Martha Stewart.
• 4 Honey and basil - This is my favorite potato salad, with the fresh tang of yogurt, the sweetness of honey, and fresh sweet basil. Oh, and crunchy pink shallots too. Very colorful!
• 5 Thyme and carrots - This would be a great St. Patty's dish - simple carrots and potatoes, enlivened by fresh thyme. At Sunset.
Related: Sixteen Kinds of Potatoes
(Images: Maria Robledo for Sunset Magazine; John Kernick for Gourmet; Martha Stewart; Faith Durand; Annabelle Breakey for Sunset)