But every season we do like to look through the new catalog to see if there are any potential candidates for new classics. Here are a few things we are eyeing; have you seen any of them in person yet? Because, like I said above, while it's best to stick to a few classics at IKEA, every now and then a great new product comes along. One I've been particularly appreciating lately is that one-size-fits-all-pans double boiler. It's perfect for dipping candy and cake balls, and for only $5 too.
Here's a collection of intriguing things from the new spring collection. Have you picked up any of these yet?
• 1 DRÖMMAR red baking pan - Like the angular shapes. $6.99
• 2 FÄRGRIK TROLSK plate - Nice pattern; it comes in blue or red. $3.99
• 3 SOCKERÄRT vase/pitcher - Love the retro vintage styling, and multiple sizes. $6.99-$19.99
• 4 FÄRGRIK TROLSK bowl set - Great new turquoise color in this season's tableware. $2.99/2
• 5 TROLSK melamine serving set - Unusual shapes and nice bright colors. $3.99
• 6 DRÖMMAR pastry cutters - Nice! IKEA is getting into Martha territory here. $5.99
• 7 IDELIG mixing bowl - More of that turquoise color. $7.99-$9.99
• 8 ENVIS spatulas - Great shapes and colors. Detachable head, too. $4.99/2
• 9 FLÄCKIG measuring cup - With see-through window. $1.49
• 10 DRÖMMAR reusable cake doilies - Cute, and they open all sorts of DIY ideas. $1.49/four
• 11 ZITA cotton apron - Nice pattern. $4.99
• 12 DRÖMMAR cookie cutters - We see a snail, a fox, moose, hedgehog, squirrel, and bear. $3.99
• 13 DRÖMMAR stencils - Cake stencils for use with powdered sugar or glittery sugar. $1.49
• 14 Red DRÖMMAR muffin tin - Coated with Teflon. Hmm. $9.99
• 15 SMARTA pie dish - Good plain basic. $6.99
Have you bought anything at IKEA recently that's been worth the trek, crowds, and mad temptation of cinnamon rolls?