- Lower prices - Even IKEA seems to be responding to the economy. They didn't have a really new line of pots and pans, but they cut prices on some of their standard sets.
- The holidays are coming; there are new items in the whimsical line of baking accessories and serving plates that we noticed earlier this year.
- New knives are in this catalog including a block of 4 knives for $3.99. (What?!) But we know that many of you are big fans of IKEA knives, so perhaps these will be good additions to their lineup.
- New plastic food keepers are alluring; even though we've sworn time and time again to never buy IKEA's terrible food keepers with lids that pop off if you look at them, the lure of cheap, almost-disposable plasticware for potlucks and giving meals away may be too strong.
- We like the bold, rich colors of some of the new featured dinnerware.
- Overall, though, IKEA is really pushing its full kitchen packages. Look! A brand new kitchen could be all yours for less than $800! Well, we're not sure if we believe that entirely, but as always, IKEA makes it look good and easy.
Take a look at the full IKEA 2010 catalog here: • IKEA Catalog 2010 More IKEA for the Kitchen: • Roundup: Best of IKEA For the Kitchen • New IKEA Favorite: SLOM Bottle with Stopper • Enjoying: Animal Cookie Cutters from IKEA • New IKEA for the Kitchen: 15 Maybe-Good Things (Images: IKEA USA)