I love nut butters because they satisfy my sweet tooth in a way I don't necessarily feel guilty about and they pack a nice wallop of protein. To make nut butters at home, you need a food processor or a good blender, your nuts of choice, and a bit of oil. From there, the choices are endless with different spices and sugars.
I started making homemade Nutella about a year ago after realizing that the real stuff was full of hydrogenated oil. The nice thing about doing it at home is you choose the quality of the ingredients (I use a pretty incredible, dark Valrhona cocoa powder) and control the precise consistency you'd like for it to be. It's a win-win. All the way around.
Try a Recipe:
• Smoked Paprika Almond Butter - Edible Perspective
• Homemade Maple Almond Butter - Food in Jars
• Homemade Nutella - David Lebovitz
• Cinnamon Walnut Butter - Simple Bites
• Cake Batter Cashew Butter - Edible Perspective