That and more in this week's roundup.
- In addition to tips from Greenspan, the Tribune shares her recipe for Puffed Pancakes, as well as Chicago breakfast queen Ina Pinkney's Heavenly Hots.
- Have you been enjoying grapefruits and pomelos as much as we have? The Oregonian profiles the oro blanco, a cross between the two – less bitter than grapefruit with a dense flesh.
- The Miami Herald explores the wines of Spain and rounds up a few recipes from former proprietor of the city's Madrid restaurant, including Caldo Gallego – Great Northern beans cooked with Spanish sausage, cabbage, turnips and turnip greens, red potatoes and a little aged, salted, pork belly fat.
- The Boston Globe highlights the ultimate comfort food – mac and cheese. Recipes include Farfalle and Fontina, and Spicy Tomato and Cheese Macaroni.
- The Houston Chronicle warms up with homemade Mexican soups. We'd love to try the Crema de Palmitos (hearts of palm) and Mushroom-Huitlacoche Soup.