- The Boston Globe charts the renewed popularity of sprouted bread from its roots in biblical times (pictured).
- The Miami Herald highlights canistel, or egg fruit, which it describes as a "cross between calabaza and sweet potato but much sweeter and with an intense, earthy aroma." The fruit is native to Central America, but one local horticulturist argues that it should be grown in "every Miami backyard."
- The St. Louis Post-Dispatch cooks Dominican favorites with Deidre Pujols, who is married to Arizona Cardinals first baseman Albert Pujols. A Kansas City-native, she fell in love with the cuisine of her husband's native country and shares recipes for Pollo Guisado, Habichuela Dominica (Dominican Beans) and Sazon.
- The Chicago Sun-Times talks lentils and cooks up Sun-Dried Tomato and Lentil Burgers.
- The Oregonian makes use of more pantry staples for a Moroccan Spinach and Garbanzo Soup that's flavored with cinnamon and dried apricots.
KitchnVideo of the Day