This week's papers are full of fresh ideas for spring and Mother's Day. Try vegetable tartines with herbed formage blanc, a bitter strawberry and rhubarb punch, or a Meyer lemon and ricotta pound cake made on the griddle.
- Cooking for mom this weekend? Check out the San Francisco Chronicle's elegant lunch of Spring Tartines with Herbed Fromage Blanc (pictured); Chicken Paillards with English Pea-Asparagus Pesto and Roasted Baby Carrots; and Griddled Meyer Lemon-Ricotta Pound Cake with Seasonal Compote.
- To drink? Try La Laiterie's Bitter Rhubarb and Strawberry Punch from the Providence Journal.
- The Chicago Tribune celebrates spring with a smooth asparagus soup.
- The Los Angeles Times digs into its archives to find a recipe for Pistachio Madeleines.
- The Seattle Times takes a look at oyster mushrooms, pairing them with pappardelle, pine nuts and a white wine cream sauce.
- The Boston Globe offers a show stopper of an appetizer: Yogurt Cheese with Avocado Puree, served with a salad of tomato, bell pepper, black and green olives, and capers, and of course something crispy for dipping.
(Image: Eric Luse/The Chronicle)