Eating outdoors this weekend? This week's papers have lots of great ideas for fresh, seasonal cooking, with a bit of a twist. How about a strawberry tart with chocolate, mascarpone, and oatmeal crust? Or maybe a BLT Panzanella?
- The Oregonian takes the classic combination of strawberries and cream to a delicious new level. How about a Strawberry Tart with Rich Mascarpone Cream, Dark Chocolate Bits, and a Toasted Oatmeal Shortbread Crust (pictured). That one just keeps getting better, doesn't it? There's also strawberries with sweetened sour cream and lemon ricotta cream.
- And here's one more: Strawberry Cookie Sandwiches from the Denver Post.
- The Washington Post presents the case for reinventing the eco- and budget-friendly sardine. Roast them on a griddle, stuff them with parsley, tomatoes and bread crumbs, or cook them with potatoes to make Viudo.
- The Boston Globe wants to help you wow at your next potluck with recipes like BLT Panzanella and Chocolate Pine-Nut Tart.
- And how about a savory rhubarb dish: a Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Rhubarb Chutney.
Related: National Food Roundup: Olive Bread
(Images: Torsten Kjellstrand/The Oregonian)