- The Denver Post traces the fascinating journey of cheese produced by Haystack Mountain Goat Dairy in Longmont, Colo., and it begins in the most unlikely of places – a prison.
- The Miami Herald extols the pleasures of eating alone with recipes like Pasta with Spicy Cauliflower and Walnuts, and Exotic Rice Pudding on Demand.
- The Oregonian says canned beans can be the perfect base for bright summer flavors. Recipes include Cannellini beans with Tuna and Black-Olive Vinaigrette, and Warm Chickpea and Shrimp Salad.
- The San Francisco Chronicle offers tips for making a memorable and perfectly balanced salad with grilled meats or vegetables. For instance, tread lightly with the dressing. The Grilled Eggplant Salad with Roasted Tomato-Almond Vinaigrette sounds pretty perfect to us.
- The Washington Post considers the next steps for Michelle Obama's food policy initiative, and they don't involve celebrity chefs.
- The Los Angeles Times takes an in-depth look at the fresh herbs at the center of the Vietnamese plate, such as red perilla, garlic chives and rice patty herb. Recipes include Salmon with Tomato, Dill and Garlic Soup (Canh Rieu Ca).
(Image: Cyrus McCrimmon/The Denver Post)
KitchnVideo of the Day