If there were an official Father's Day dish, it would probably involve steak, on the grill. We've got several ways to prepare it below, plus some salad ideas and recipes to balance out dad's meal.
- Grilled flank steak three ways: The Los Angeles Times serves it with chimichurri sauce, the San Francisco Chronicle wraps it in tortillas with jicama, and the Chicago Tribune marinates it in papaya juice.
- The Providence Journal serves up Grill Skirt Steak Tacos with a Sam Adams Boston Lager marinade. If you're dad likes something a little stronger – make that a lot stronger – in his drink, check out the accompanying absinthe cocktail recipe.
- Is dad cutting back on the red meat? Perhaps he'd like some Tea-Smoked Chicken Legs with Shrimp and Udon Noodles from the Boston Globe.
- Making a salad? Try adding some anise flavor.
- The Washington Post's Veggie Slaw would make a super colorful – and healthy – side dish.
- The Oregonian savors the short season of Walla Walla onions with Sweet Onion Rings With Cayenne Ketchup, Grilled Chicken With Sweet Onion Raita, and Shaved Sweet Onion and Feta Salad With Tomatoes.
- For dessert, how about a Sweet Bay Custard with Summer Fruit from the Seattle Times?
(Image: Gina Ferazzi/Los Angeles Times)
KitchnVideo of the Day