- The Sun Sentinel escapes to Southeast Asia with Cambodian-Style Amok Fish (pictured). Step-by-step photo instructions are included.
- The St. Louis Post-Dispatch talks to a lawyer who is also an expert on Creole and Cajun cooking. He shares a recipe for Shrimp-And-Andouille-Stuffed Chiles With Salsa Criolla.
- The Washington Post whips up a no-cook Eastern Shore Crab Roll.
- The San Francisco Chronicle shares a recipe for Saumon a l'Oiselle (Salmon With Sorrel & Shallots) inspired by a place known as "Terror Island" in the Brittany region of France.
- The Los Angeles TImes focuses on slaws that go beyond cabbage, instead using daikon, zucchini, and curried cantaloupe.
- The Boston Globe profiles a family that has made their permanent home on a boat, which meant seriously downsizing their kitchen. The garlic press and food processor are long gone. But they still make memorable meals, like Chicken Galileo with fresh mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes and basil.
(Image: Michael Laughlin, Sun Sentinel)