- Richmond, VA
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- It is a fun and easy to work in kitchen with a touch of whimsy! Even though its small, with all of the special touches, you don't feel claustrophobic in it.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.:
- Color and display space was the biggest challenge because I love color and needed space to display little things in the kitchen. Painting the walls was an obvious choice to bring color into the kitchen but with the fluorescent lighting, it was hard choosing a color that I liked and that looked good in the light. Instead I decided on a glass tile backsplash with a chalkboard and large floral wall decals in a similar color. For display, I chose maple color shelves to match what was already there and to add more whimsy, kitchen utensil decals on the cabinet over the sink that did not match the rest of the kitchen instead of taking it out or painting it. I recreated a utensil rack from the scrapbook of ideas and rooms I like. The accent lighting added under the cabinets and shelves gives the kitchen a cool, different look at night.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?:
- We try to eat healthy most of the time but even in my small kitchen, I love to cook large holiday meals. So Christmas dinner is my favorite meal to cook in the kitchen.
More posts in Small Cool Kitchens 2012
KitchnVideo of the Day