For my wife's 30th birthday bash we wanted to do an unconventional themed party —something fun, eclectic, yet personal. Her love of books and food is what inspired our Wordy Thirty dinner party. Read on for details on this novel-themed party about food, drink, and great conversation.
As with all successful dinner parties it starts with the menu. We wanted everything served that night to have a connection to a famous narrative, so we pooled together ideas, using memories from our childhood to recent reads, to come up with a good mix of savory and sweet for our menu. The project also gave us an opportunity to create some fun and interesting items that we previously could only imagine tasting, like Turkish Delights from The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.
- Pizza Napoletana (Eat, Pray, Love)
- Fried Green Tomatoes (Fried Green Tomatoes)
- French Bread (Les Miserables)
- Turkish Delights (The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe)
- Marmalade Sandwiches (Paddington Bear)
- "Eat Me" Cakes (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland)
- Plum Cake (Through the Looking Glass)
- Mint Julep (William Faulkner)
- Papa Doble (Earnest Hemingway)
- The Vesper (Casino Royale)
(Images: Chris Perez)