Earlier in the week I professed my love for soup and admitted that I'm an equal opportunity soup eater. However, I do have a favorite, and frankly it's hard not to when French onion soup exists. French onion soup is the perfect combination of everything wonderful in the world. It's hot, cheesy deliciousness that I wish was just never ending. While there is a definite traditional way of making this soup, I've also had so many different varieties that I've learned there's no one right way of making it.
Play around with different cheeses, types of onions and whether you want bread in it or not. Maybe you don't want to bake it — even though I really suggest doing so!
Here are five variations on my favorite soup: French Onion.
• French Onion Soup, Bon Appetit
• French Onion Soup - Oldie but Goodie, Pease Pudding
• Slow Cooker French Onion Soup With Beef, Kitchen Trial and Error
• French Onion Soup, Elly Says Opa!
• French Onion Soup, A Cup of Mai
(Images: Bon Appetit, Pease Pudding, Kitchen Trial and Error, Elly Says Opa!, A Cup of Mai)