Speaking of... let's not go grabbing things right off the grates. Let these things cool a few minutes before you offer them to your guests. But we like the idea of eat-as-you-go foods for a casual cookout, and you can always end with popsicles.
• Chicken drummies. Easy to pick up, and you can fit a ton of them on a grill.
• Asparagus. Even when we cook these for a more formal dinner, we end up eating them with our fingers. As long as you stick to the one you touch, you can just pluck these from a big platter.
• Shish kabobs. Keep the cubes of meat and veggies small, so people can just pull them off with their teeth.
• Corn on the cob. Stick a skewer or holder in one end (you can also cut them in half so they're not overwhelming and heavy).
• Grilled pizza slices. Try this Potato, Gorgonzola, and Prosciutto one.
• Shrimp. We loved the look of these. And shrimp are easy to pick up and pop in your mouth (or you can serve them alongside a jar of toothpicks).
• Fruit halves. These are great topped with boozy whipped cream, but you can also pick up a peach half and eat it as-is.