The promise of spring weather gave way to a cold, sullen rain today, draining the skies of color and light. I want to huddle in a warm corner with a cup of tea and something warm — in fact, I'd like to snuggle up with my oven. Biscuits are high on the list of warm things to eat, while I wait for spring to catch up. From apple-Gouda cookies to real Irish scones, and life-changing vegan thumbprints to oatmeal muffins, here are a few favorite recipes for scones, biscuits, muffins and simple cookies — delicious things to keep you and your oven warm this weekend.
• 1 Quick and Homey Oatmeal Raisin Muffins - Warm, tender, and simple.
• 2 Cranberry Muffins with 7-Minute Marmalade - Tart and juicy, with a crunchy top of orange sugar.
• 3 Cheddar and Leek Muffins - Savory, with just a pinch of salt and a drizzle of honey.
• 4 Whole Wheat Raisin English Muffins - A different sort of muffin! Perfect for toasting.
• 5 Easy Ethereal Popovers - Not quite a muffin, or a biscuit, or a bread — popovers are their own thing, and the perfect accompaniment to soup.
• 6 Apple Gouda Oatmeal Cookies - Sweet and savory, totally moist.
• 7 Life-Changing Vegan Thumbprints - A moist, nutty, jammy cookie.
• 8 Earl Grey Tea Cookies - One of these slender, crispy icebox cookies and a cup of tea is a great afternoon pick-me-up.
• 9 Chewy Molasses Cookies with Crunchy Lemon Glaze - A little spice, a little citrus.
BISCUITS & SCONES
• 10 Butter Dips - The butter goes in the pan, not in the dough with these quick and easy biscuits.
• 11 Bacon and Cheddar Cheese Biscuits - Making chili? Make these too.
• 12 How To Make Cream Biscuits In Less Than 15 Minutes - The quickest biscuits you can make.
• 13 Real Irish Scones - Heavenly with real Irish butter.
• 14 Fresh Cranberry Scones - Buttery and tangy at the same time.
• 15 Flour Bakery's Classic Currant Scones - A classic recipe from a great bakery.
What are you baking this weekend?
Related: Chewy, Crispy, and Hot: Fresh-Baked Yeast Breads
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)