Nickie: Don't you think life should be gay and bright a bubbly like champagne?
Terry: I like pink champagne.
Nickie: Yes, that's the kind I mean – pink champagne. Now is there any reason why from now on, this trip shouldn't be pink champagne?
Terry: Mmm, hmm. (Points to a picture of her boyfriend)
Nickie: Oh, dear.
But pink champagne it is, and after a stop in a lovely French Riviera town to meet his grandmother, they can't deny they've fallen in love. There are pesky fiancées and boyfriends to deal with, though, so they decide to meet in six months at the top of the Empire State Building. When the time comes, however, a tragic accident threatens to keep them apart forever. For our menu, we're making our own stop in France and along the Mediterranean:
- To start, a nice French cheese. Tomme de Savoie, perhaps?
- And what's a good cheese without a crusty baguette?
- Next, a classic Salade Niçoise with fresh tuna, olives and seasonal green beans, bell peppers and tomatoes. Try it with chicken or salmon, if you prefer.
- For dessert, French macaroons.
- And to drink, what else? Pink champagne! Cheers!