You may notice that spinach is missing from the list below. Although spinach is high in calcium, very little of it is absorbed by our bodies due to the vegetable's high levels of oxalic acid. So although spinach is a healthy, tasty green, don't count on it to fulfill your calcium needs.
Other non-dairy sources of calcium you can count on include white beans, molasses, canned fish with bones, and tofu made with nigari (magnesium chloride).
SALADS & SLAWS
• Broccoli Salad with Carrots and Currants (pictured)
• Kale Slaw with Peanut Dressing
• Edamame Salad with Shiso and Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette at 101 Cookbooks
• Beet Green Chopped Salad at Sprouted Kitchen
• Dandelion and Fig Salad with Serrano Ham and Grated Almonds at Food & Wine
BRAISED & ROASTED
• Collard Greens Stew with Chorizo & Garlic (pictured)
• Lima Beans with Wild Mushrooms and Chard at Bon Appetit
• Braised Turnip Greens with Turnips and Apples at Gourmet
• Skillet Roasted Spiced Okra at Running With Tweezers