• 1. Vegetables: Use the panini press as a mini grill to make sweet, smoky asparagus, eggplant, sweet potato slices, kale — you name it. Before grilling, brush or toss the vegetables with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper.
• 2. Meat: Thin, boneless cuts of meat can be cooked quickly without the need for a lot of fat. A panini press is great for making bacon and kebabs, too.
• 4. Halloumi: When grilled, halloumi cheese develops a golden crust with a milky soft center. It's wonderful as an appetizer or salad topper.
• 5. Mochi: Both savory and sweet varieties of mochi are delicious on the grill, where these glutinous rice cakes turn crispy on the outside, gooey on the inside.
• 6. Polenta: Grill polenta slices in the panini press and use them as a base for dinner or dessert.
• 7. Fruit: Sprinkle sliced fruit (pineapple, stone fruits, and figs are especially good) with a little sugar and grill it in the panini press for an excellent dessert on its own or alongside cake.
• 8. Pound cake: Speaking of cake, how about a slice of warm, toasty pound cake? Brush the sides with butter before pressing.
• 9. Mini cakes: Check out this idea for baking tiny cakes in a panini press.
• 10. Ice cream cones: Homemade cones! This brilliant recipe comes from Panini Happy.
Got more ideas? Share them in the comments.