For those that are new to drink mixing or are looking to brush up a little on your skills, we've rounded up a few tips, tricks and ideas to make you look like a pro. Although we won't be able to help you flip a shaker behind your back (that's all you), we can give you a few basic ideas to make you a mixing master!
From The Kitchn Archives
• How to Batch Cocktails to Serve a Crowd: No one wants to spend their entire party mixing individual drinks and no one wants to make a friend man the bar all night either, here's a heads up on how to manage your time!
• Mixing Cocktails: When to Shake and When to Stir: Do you really know when to do one or the other? Are they interchangeable? Check to see if you're right!
• How to Mix a Cocktail with a Boston Shaker Drinks made in a shaker not only look cool but taste great too. Here's how to put your shaker set to use the right way!
Out And About On The Internet
• Gravity Chart For Specific Liquors: When making a layered drink it's all about appearance. Knowing which alcohol will sit where is important and this is a great little cheat sheet to have on hand! (about.com)
• Drinks Mixer: This website boasts tips and tricks, but more importantly has over 21,000 drink ideas. It's the perfect place to go when you have random things in your pantry or are looking for a signature drink of your own!
• In My Bar: This site from Webtender allows you to click on the items in your bar and it in turn will tell you what drinks you can mix up! Perfect when you're in a pinch.
• Drink Street: This site takes you through the basics and allows you to click on more at the bottom of each page to keep diving further into the site. It's like a choose your own adventure with only the important words.
• Hayden Wood's Liquid Kitchen: Hayden spends his days as one of the luckiest people we know. He tours the country mixing and drinking and discovering all sorts of new things. He's kind enough to share many of those super special drinks on his site and they're ones you won't find anywhere else!