It's been grey and drizzly every day for the past week where we live and we're desperate for a little sun. We'll take it in food form if that's all we can get, so we've been piling on the citrus, pulling out our vinegars, and generally loading our foods with all the tart, sunny flavors we can find. What about you?The fresh zing of lemon or a few drops of red wine vinegar seem to perk up our spirits just as much as our mouths!
1. Lemon Frittata with Leeks and Goat Cheese
2. Easy Hot and Sour Soup
3. Braised Radishes with Shallots and Vinegar
4. Orange, Olive, and Fennel Salad
5. Spaghetti with Marscarpone, Meyer Lemon, Spinach, and Hazelnuts
6. Braised Lemon and Garlic Chicken
7. Spicy Orange Teriyaki Chicken and Shrimp
8. Lemon Rice Pudding
9. Overnight Oatmeal with Buttermilk and Apricots
10. Lemon Spongettes
What are your favorite recipes for dark mid-winter days?
Related: Warm and Restorative: Favorite Soup Recipes