- The Omaha World-Herald puts together a complete Thanksgiving meal, complete with Scarborough Fair Butter-Basted Turkey; Caramelized Onion, Butternut Squash and Chestnut Casserole; and Apple-Qyuince Rum-Raisin Crisp. They also recommend the vodka pie crust!
- The Chicago Sun-Times puts together a vegetarian feast with the help of Molly Harrison, chef de cuisine at Green Zebra, a critically acclaimed vegetarian restaurant in Chicago. She offers up Chilled Beet Salad with Cranberry and Orange, and a Fall Mushroom-Chestnut Cobbler. She says to keep it simple, and never apologize for a less-than-perfect dish.
- Still in need of inspiration? If you're in the Chicagoland area, head down to Hammond, Ind., for a free "Thanksgiving From the Farm" event with Philip Potempa of the Times of Northwest Indiana. He'll be baking Chef Michael's Easy Cheddar and Chive Biscuits.
- The St. Louis Post-Dispatch experiments with warm spices – cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom and star anise – in recipes like Spareribs in Chinese Master Stock; Jerusalem Artichoke Soup; and Winter Squash, Coconut and Cardamom Pudding.
- The Chicago Tribune sits down with the city's newest Top Chef contender, Radhika Desai.
- The Detroit Free Press makes a hearty Three Bean Bake.
- Shrimp cocktail and tortillas in space? The Kansas City Star says yes.
(Image: Robert Cohen/St. Louis Post-Dispatch)