- The Omaha World-Herald gets the party started with appetizers such as Crispy Parmigiano Shells Stuffed With Mixed Greens.
- The Tribune offers 'easy but sophisticated' cocktail bites, including Pistachio-Crusted Cranberry and Thyme Cheese Balls, Roasted Potatoes with Truffle Salt and Spicy Mayonnaise, and Sweet and Spicy Cashew-Crusted Shrimp.
- The Argus Leader elevates potato skins with Braised Pomegranate Short Ribs.
- The St. Louis Post-Dispatch has Czechvar Beer Apple Beignets and other sweet treats from St. Louis pastry chefs.
- The Chicago Tribune announces the winners of its Good Eating Holiday Cookie Contest. They include Baba's Cream Cheese Kolacky and Dorie's Dark and Stormies.
- The Minneapolis Star-Tribune has another winning cookie: Double Chocolate-Cherry Espresso Drops.
- The Kansas City Star spotlights fruitcakes made by local Trappist monks.
- The Chicago Sun-Times has edible ways to keep winter colds at bay.
- The Tribune lightens up comfort food favorites like Cheddar Ale Soup and Chicken-Fried Steak and Gravy.