- Black Tahini Hummus from Mighty Foods.
- Black Lentil Snobby Joes at the Happy Foody, from The Post-Punk Kitchen. Okay, maybe a sloppy joe can never exactly be elegant, but these come close.
- Concord Grape Focaccia from The Smitten Kitchen.
- Black Sesame Cupcakes with Almond Icing from Tom Eats, Jen Cooks.
- Chile Blackberry Syrup from 101 Cookbooks — in a cocktail, of course!
More ideas for black and spooky food include squid ink pasta, and whole braised cuttlefish, ink included! Have you ever made these or other black foods? How about a whole dark and spooky menu? Throw in your own ideas for dark Halloween recipes!
- Post by Tess Wilson of Apartment Therapy.
(Images: The Jewels of New York)