All fruits freeze remarkably well, retaining their flavor and color even after a few months in the freezer. You lose some texture after thawing, but since we're mostly using frozen fruits in baked goods or dessert sauces, this usually isn't a big deal.
During the winter, I keep blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries stocked in my freezer. These three seem to be the most versatile for my cooking, and I use them interchangeably in recipes.
• Tangy Raspberry Fool from Martha Stewart
• Frozen Orange and Mango Smoothie from BBC Good Food
• Marbled Lemon Blueberry Butter Cake from Leite's Culinaria
• Raspberry Oatmeal Scones from A Cozy Kitchen
• Sweet Cherry Cobbler from Gourmet
• Strawberry Panna Cotta with Strawberry Compote from Epicurious
• Buttermilk Berry Muffins from Joy of Baking
• Frozen Fruit and Yogurt Roll-Ups from Tidy Mom
What are your favorite mid-winter recipes with frozen fruit?