5 cloves of garlic, minced
3 tbs of fresh basil leaves, chiffonaded
1 packed cup sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained
1 tbs olive oil
1 cup milk
1/2 cup cream
1 tsp hot red pepper flakes
1 lb. pasta (I used long fettucine)
1. Start boiling a large enough pot of water to cook your pasta.
2. While waiting for pot to boil, mince garlic, chiffonaded basil, and process sun-dried tomatoes in a food processor.
3. heat up a large saute pan on medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the olive oil.
4. Once the olive oil is hot, add the garlic and basil, and saute until fragrant. Add the processed sun-dried tomatoes and saute for an additional 2 minutes.
5. At this point, the water should be boiling. Add pasta and cook until al dente.
6. While the pasta is cooking, add the milk and cream to your saute pan, and simmer on medium heat. The sauce will slowly thicken as it cooks.
7. Add red pepper flakes (you can increase or decrease this amount to your liking).
8. Cook down for approximately 7 minutes, and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
9. Drain the pasta, reserving some pasta water in case the sauce needs some thinning.
10. add pasta to sauce, and mix (add additional pasta water if too thick), garnishing with extra basil if desired.
• This is a vegetarian dish, but can easily be modified to include meat, such as chicken or shrimp.
Thanks Mercy, and good luck! Readers, give Mercy a thumbs up if you like this recipe!