Menu for Hope is an annual charity raffle that brings the food web community together in the fight against hunger. Many bloggers from around the world offer prizes and readers buy virtual raffle tickets to bid on them, with the proceeds going to the U.N. World Food Program. Last year it raised over $60,000 for this program.
We are excited to be a part of Menu for Hope this year, and we are (modestly) quite proud of this prize. It consists of an autographed copy of the gorgeous The Greyston Bakery Cookbook by our own Sara Kate Gillingham-Ryan, along with a huge box of bakeware generously donated by Le Creuset and Fiesta. Click for details on the bakeware and how to enter.
Here's the lineup of bakeware from Fiesta and Le Creuset to go along with Sara Kate's beautiful baking cookbook - it's full of treats! This goodie package and the cookbook would make a wonderful gift for any aspiring baker.
Bakeware for Menu for Hope 4
• Fiesta Traditional Soft Grip TPR Rolling Pin in Light Green
• Le Creuset Batter Bowl
• Le Creuset Small, Medium, and Large Mixing Bowls
• Le Creuset Small and Medium Spatulas, Large Spatula Spoon, Pastry Brush, and Balloon Whisk
• Two Sets of Le Creuset Baking Cups
• Set of Le Creuset Prep Bowls
• Le Creuset Covered Square Baker
Here are complete instructions for entering. Remember - this is a fundraiser and a raffle. Each $10 raffle ticket you buy gives you one crack at the prize of your choice. Buy as many as you like, for as many prizes as you like. Make sure to check out all the other amazing raffle prizes - things like a personal tour of elBulli kitchen laboratory with Ferran Adria and lunch with Harold McGee.
If you're interested in buying into the raffle, here's what you need to do:
1. Choose a prize or prizes of your choice from Our Menu for Hope.
2. Go to the donation site at Firstgiving: Menu for Hope and make a donation.
3. Please specify which prize you'd like in the Personal Message section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code. (In the case of our prize here, the code would be UE07.)
Above: Here's an example for a basic order for 1 ticket for prize "EU01." IMPORTANT: Check the box marked at bottom "I am happy for the page owner to see my email address ..."! This will allow the organizers to contact winners.
Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 tickets for EU02. Please write 2xEU01, 3xEU02. Example:
Above: An order for 5 tickets ($50) applied to two prizes would look like this. If your company matches your donation, be sure to note it like so.
4. If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
5. Please check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we can contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
6. Check back on Chez Pim on Wednesday, January 9 for the results of the raffle. Thanks for your participation, and good luck in the raffle!